So, your humble author once again was required to go to Kennedy Airport. This time I stayed for a while. So the roads still suck, even after I complained a week ago about it. I would have thought they would of had that problem corrected by now. they are tearing apart perfectly good parking lots and forcing you to be half a mile away from the nearest terminal parked in a over congested multi level parking lot. None of the employees speak English. Everything is overpriced. There are no real concessions with recognizable names. Once again, in those concessions, no one speaks English as they clean and load their AK-47s.
Did I mention that JFK airport really sucks. It's time to scrap the power away from the Port Authority of NY/NJ. Bad enough we can't get rid of the bums in elected office. Who knows how these yahoos got control. I won't even get to the control they have exercised in the World Trade Center rebuild. In all fairness, there is a great deal of external pressure pulling the focus of the project askew. I'm bitching about unpleasant trips to the airport and all those poor folks who were wiped away in that one day! What do I have to complain about? Their spirits cry out for rebirth from that Downtown pit. Our (yes all of us America) non-stop bickering over a proper memorial is stopping us from giving the due respect to the lost souls of September 11, 2001. The best memorial and use of the area is steadfast progress. Rebuild, carry on, move forward. Remember that on this spot we lost 3000 people in one day. Our testament to them is that we did not let their attackers stop us. We picked up and were ourselves once again. Our dead live in our hearts and in our spirit as we flex our arms and wipe the tears from our eyes for our lost, and the sweat off our brow from rebuilding out of the ash and twisted steel.
And all I can do is complain about JFK airport?
No comments:
Post a Comment