OK, I now have experienced the opera in the flesh. I went to see Aida at the Met on Friday night. What an experience it was for me. I loved it, with the exception of the fact that I was exhausted and I am to damned fat to be sitting in those chairs that are too narrow.
It was thrilling to hear a professional orchestra live and in a great sounding hall. I have not heard that kind of tonality in a long time. It was refreshing. The singing was great too, and I have a passion for atmospheric choral music, and it was terrific hearing the live choruses that are part of Aida. My heart was overjoyed hearing sounds like that. It was a joy of being alive. I will have to do this again soon. It is just a thrill that I need. I think hearing the live orchestra was the most satisfying part of the experience, so maybe it's time for me to go see the symphony.
No comments:
Post a Comment